Cryotherapy is a cold therapy where the body is exposed to extremely cold temperatures for several minutes. It will decrease the amount of time it takes your body to recover and will cause immediate pain relief. You want to get the most from your cryotherapy session, so here are a few things you can do beforehand to help you get the best results and benefits.
- Train and exercise hard before or after a cryotherapy session so you can see and feel reduced inflammation, muscle soreness, and joint pain.
- Focus on a balanced and healthy nutrition and diet plan to reach your health and fitness goals. Next, book a cryotherapy session to help you lose the last few percentages of body fat, firm up skin, flush toxins, renew cells, and reset the metabolism.
- Book a cryotherapy session after a physical therapy appointment. This can help with healing faster after those other treatments.
- Book a cryotherapy session after a night out as it may relieve hangover symptoms and give your energy you wouldn’t have necessarily had that day.
- Talk to your doctor and make sure it’s OK for you to get a cryotherapy session. These sessions aren’t good for everyone, especially people with certain heart conditions, nerve damage, and hypertension.
- Make sure you’re properly covered on your hands, feet, ears, and face if your cryotherapy location uses liquid nitrogen.
- Call or email ahead to find out the proper attire to wear to your cryotherapy session so you can get the most comfort and benefits out of your treatment.
- Make sure you are fully dry before entering the cryotherapy session.
- Do your research! Learn what cryotherapy is and how it works and if it’s right for you and your body.
- Do not go in cryo if you’ve been fasting. Make sure you’ve eaten within the last hour.
Looking for Cryotherapy Treatment in Jacksonville, Fl?
If you are looking to heal your body and think cryotherapy will work for you, we recommend you try a session! For those who train hard or have injuries, cryotherapy is more effective and more comfortable than an ice bath, and each treatment just takes three minutes!
At Sports Recovery Annex in Jacksonville, Florida, we offer whole-body cryotherapy sessions where you will stand in a chamber (cryosauna) wearing only gloves, socks, underwear, and booties for three
minutes as the chamber is filled with a nitrogen vapor to drop the temperature. Your body will be surrounded by cold air, and the temperature will drop as low as -200 degrees Fahrenheit. During the session, the body’s core temperature remains the same while only the skin gets cold. One of our cryotherapy technicians will be there to talk you through the entire experience.
Sports Recovery Annex is a walk-in sports recovery facility that provides everyday athletes and professionals access to state-of-the-art recovery services in Jacksonville. Our highly trained sports medicine staff include nationally certified athletic trainers, board-certified physicians, and support staff all who will help keep you free from injuries and help you actively recover between workouts and competitions.